The June 11 General Meeting will highlight Police Reforms, Voting Reforms and Medical Aid in Dying
Our June General Membership Meeting is this Thursday, June 11th, 6:30pm-9pm. The meeting will feature Guest Speaker Greg Speed of America Votes, plus discussion on Police Reform (Defund NYPD Resolution and Police Reform Resolution) and on the Medical Aid in Dying Act. The full agenda is here.
- For those who cannot attend, you may submit via email to David Siffert, by noon on June 11th, short comments (three or four sentences) about any of the issues.
- You will be able to dial-in to the meeting by phone, but if you dial-in you will not be able to speak.
- For those who join via the Zoom app or web app, you will generally be on mute, but you will have the ability to “raise your hand” when we make speakers’ lists on each of the issues. Each person will be able to speak once on each issue for up to one minute.
- We will attempt to record the meeting and share the video via email afterwards.
- We will NOT conduct votes during the meeting. Instead, votes will take place after the meeting via email. Members will be sent an email announcing that voting is open, and you will have 48 hours to cast your votes. Any voting member in good standing, whether or not they attend the meeting, will be able to vote by sending an email to David Siffert and Recording Secretary Kathy Slawinski. Votes will be counted and announced to the membership.