held at 6:30 PM, at St. John’s Lutheran Church – Meeting Room-83 Christopher St.
The originally scheduled forum entitled The Power to Change: Clean Energy and the Future of New York City has been postponed. Watch for announcement of new date and place.
Agenda: (February 24 Membership Meeting Minutes)
1- District Leader Reports– Keen Berger, Arthur Schwartz
- 10th Congressional District
- 12th Congressional District
4- Four resolutions will also be reviewed at this meeting:
- Resolution opposing bill in US Senate that would automatically place sanctions on Iran in six months if nuclear discussions fail- Ed Yutkowitz. Resolution Supporting Administrations Diplomatic Efforts with Iran
- Resolution in support of the Zebrowski bill (A.8187) which, along with Senate “same as” Griffo bill (S.5980), are bills to amend the election law to show identity of certain entities making expenditures for political communications; and providing penalties for failure to do so- Katharine Wolpe. Resolution in Favor of Bill Requiring Disclosure Names of Political Committees Paying for Political Communications.
- Resolution Restoring Bus Service on University Place– Tom Connor
- Resolution supporting GVSHP in their bid to have historic LGBT buildings landmarked. VID Resolution-Protecting LGBT Historic Sites
5- New Business